Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday: curry and snow

I have a problem - I can't estimate very well whether we need to shovel or not in the mornings. There are two primary reasons for this. 1) I have just woken up and so while I do have my glasses on, I can't see very well. I also have a poor time making judgments. 2) I don't have a "measuring stick" to see how much snow actually fell. I look at the driveway and guess. I'm usually wrong. If I can see driveway I guess we don't need to shovel (but then the drifts surprise me). If I can't see the driveway...I just guess. I thought it was only an inch this morning but it was closer to 4".

I made some curry tonight. At one point I was afraid it wasn't going to turn out but then the curry paste did a nice job of thickening it up. There's enough left to freeze for one meal too! Luckily I found some more room in the freezer; otherwise it would have had to go outside in the snow with the applesauce. We might need to get an additional little freezer for all these foods I keep making in bulk.

2 comments:

Aventure canadienne said...

I love that you are making food in bulk. We have an apartment size deep freeze that we keep our extra food in. Its very handy.
What else have you made? The curry sounds wonderful.

Amanda said...

So far it's been applesauce, chicken rice soup, and donut batter. There was only one extra meal of the curry, but that's in there too.