Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday: an odd happening

Today we had a potluck at church. It was delicious; there was lots of good food. Near the end I went into one of the side rooms where all the 4-6 year olds were playing. My goal was to just quickly take a look at something in the room and then leave. I knelt down to the box which was on the bottom shelf of a book case. When I looked up a moment later, four children were standing around me, looking at me.

Amanda: "uh, hi?"
kids stare back
Amanda stares back, wondering what to do next.
Ethan: "Hi! I'm Ethan."

Phew, that broke the ice. I was then told all of their names (which I already knew) and their brother/sister relationships (which I also knew) (the church isn't that big). And know they know my name too.

1 comment:

Zachary and Jennifer said...

I never know what to say to little kids either.