Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday: quilt

I finished the top of the baby quilt! I think I like it better in real life...it has a lot of bright colors and in the picture it seems too busy. It's busy in real life too, but not so overwhelmingly so. (Or maybe just enlarging the picture helps. I might have looked at the small version for too long.) I ended up ordering some batting on-line, but it is going to take about a week to get here. :(

In the meantime, I realized that I have enough extra cloth of these colors to make a second baby blanket. Below are the two choices that I've decided on. I looked on the internet and saw a bunch that I liked, but either they required many more colors or were easier than I wanted to do. So please vote for your favorite! And I know it's hard, but try to picture the patterns with the above colors.

7 comments:

betsy said...

who are the quilts for? i vote for the top one!

Amanda said...

I haven't decided yet, actually. :) But I wanted to do something smaller than a big quilt for a little bit so this worked well.

Jess said...

You're first baby quilt looks amazing! You are flying through these quilts now. I stopped at church yesterday morning and the parking lot was packed and I asked what was going on. Apparently the quilt shop across the street is going out of business and drew that big of a crowd! thought I'd let you know in case you want to drive out for some quilt sales. I vote for the second one

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

Can I have one? :-)

You did an amazing job on the quilt and it will look great in any baby's room.

My vote is also for the top one.

Zachary and Jennifer said...

I really like both patterns. My vote is for the second one, with your color pallete. It has a mod amish flair to it. :-P

J

Anonymous said...

Pat and I vote for the second one. It looks younger.

Anonymous said...

Pat and I vote for the second one. It looks younger.