Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday: snow and quilts

Today was a beautiful day! It snowed a thick sticky snow last night so this morning it was a winter wonderland. Actually, it was that way for most of the day. I braved the roads and went to work. It was a little bad, but thanks to our great four-wheel drive it wasn't too bad. When I got home I had to shovel the driveway before I could park though. Or half the driveway. Actually less than half...just enough to get the car in. There was about 12" of snow, but it didn't drift for once which was nice.
Like I mentioned, I finished the quilt top last night. The pattern called out for the colorful circles to also be in a cross between the blocks, but that was just getting way too busy. I looked at it with the green fabric, but that didn't match well enough, so I just took them out.

Here is the beginning of the back.

And my new fabric. Notice the black...I still cringe a little bit when thinking about making it into a baby blanket, but I want to try it. I'm hoping it will be better than I expect, and I really like the fabric.

And of course, Flurry.

5 comments:

Miki Willa said...

This is a wonderful, vibrant quilt. I love all the fabrics. The colors are perfect. Great job.

Amanda said...

Thanks! I always get a little nervous near the end because the colors are so strong, but so far it's worked out.

Sarah Craig said...

Oooh, Amanda, I really like this quilt! And even without seeing the original design, I agree that there's really no place for circles without it getting too busy.... I'm interested to see how your back comes out with that black in it. Whoop whoop!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful blocks and colors! Looks wonderful.

Dora, the Quilter said...

I love your four blocks. They're so bright and fun!