Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday: the quilt

It's finished!
This is the best corner. I used a new method that I found online and it worked pretty well, but I need more practice with it.

Here's the artistic shot.
Overall, I think it came out pretty well. I'm still having edge problems, but it's getting there. The actual quilting part was only ok. It was fun for the first few squares. I didn't see changes happening like I put the quilt top together, so it wasn't as much fun. I'm also not sure what I think of the satin edging. I really like the feel, but it is hard to work with and likes to snag.


4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks really nice Amanda! I love the colors and the patterns you used!

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

Gorgeous! Seriously, I wish I could commission you to make me a quilt.

The colors in this one really speak to me and I love the satin edge. I know it was difficult to do, but I think it makes it so cute and little kid friendly.

Love it!

Jess said...

Beautiful work Amanda! I too love the satin edge and babies will like the soft feel and the different texture between the satin and cloth. So well worth the effort! Great work :)

Amy Worrel said...

I like it too! Love the pattern of the fabric on the back. :)