Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wednesday: fractions

When I'm looking forward to something, I'll often count down the time using fractions. Such as going to space camp, days until my wedding, a vacation, etc. (P.S. It helps to have a good denominator).

Today I forgot my book while exercising, so I counted down the minutes using my factions. Itc went kind of like this:

2 out of 30 minutes: I'm 1/15 done!
3 out of 30 minutes: I'm 1/10 done!
...
7 out of 30 minutes: I'm 7/30 done. Oh, that's a boring one. Prime numbers are boring.
12 out of 30 minutes: I'm 6/15 done! Wait, it reduces more! I'm 3/5 done! (I actually had to do this one a few times. Sometimes math and exercise doesn't work.)
15 out of 30 minutes: I'm 3/6 done! I'm 1/2 done! Hmm, I wonder if I'm on track to beat the 3200 steps from last time. That would be 1600 steps right now. Yup! I'm beating it!
...
I'm done!

No comments: