Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday: three things that make me happy

1. The things that come out of Isaac's mouth (or out of my mouth in response to him).
1a. Isaac, don't pet the cat with your hammer.
1b. "Mom, if I push this button the car will turn into an airplane!"  "Oh yeah, is it an airplane now?"  "Yes.  We're going to eat grapes and peanut butter and jelly."
1c.  Flurry is calmly sitting on the table.  Isaac has quickly run around the table 20 times.  "I'm trying to get the kitty cat!"  He kept running for another several minutes.

2. I have a plugged duct/mastitis again.  They're slightly different things, but people seem to use them interchangeably so it makes it a bit hard to tell you what I have.  I'm in the middle of the chills part of the fever, but Tylenol takes away almost the whole thing.  I'm also happy for hot showers.  Hot showers during a fever are second to none.

3. Joshua's smiles.  Pat wonderfully came over to babysit while I got groceries and new pants.  (Two pairs of pants wasn't cutting it.  Also, I got groceries in about half the time that I do if Isaac is with me.)  When I got back he gave Pat a whole bunch and then me a whole bunch.

1 comment:

betsy said...

What I've been told is plugged duct is just plugged... lumpy, painful - needs to be cleared with heat/massage. Once you get the fever/chills it's infected which means it's mastitis and usually antibiotics are needed to clear the infection along with you still needing the heat/massage to clear the duct. Maybe your already knew all that but just making sure in case you might want to call for antibiotics!