Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thursday: unexpected

In the morning, Isaac wanted to play legos.  So we went downstairs to do that for a bit.  We're talking, and Isaac told me that he had a scary dream last night.  But it was too scary to tell me.  (I said that to him once when we both had scary dreams one night.)  Then Joshua suddenly says, "I'm scared" and comes to sit in my lap for the next five minutes.

A few minutes later, Isaac bursts out crying.  "What happened?"  I asked, completely confused.  He was just sitting next to me playing with the pieces that look like banana pipes.  "I don't know!  My body just needs to cry!"  Ok, I can empathize with that.  I pulled him into my lap for a hug.  (I don't know if he's heard that from me or not.  It sounds like something I would say, but I'm not sure when I would have said it around him.)

In other news, the kitchen exploded.  That's what I get for needing Joshua to do something by himself for a few minutes.  However, it got mostly picked up...more so than it normally does after an explosion.

No comments: