Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Tuesday: bikes, swimming lessons, sadness, oh my

It's Tuesday, so we started out the day with our bike ride to water the flowers.  We had a new thing happen...Isaac didn't have any silly stops.  A silly stop is, "my knees need a break" or "my arms need a break" on the quarter mile ride that we take.  Now if I could get him to go just a tad bit faster we'd be all set.  I have the gears almost all the way down on my bike and still have a bit of a problem going too fast.  I have always wondered why gear 1 was so easy and when I would ever want to use it; now I have at least one reason.

Isaac started swimming lessons.  He doesn't like to get his face wet, and it's a bit of a problem.  I was also hoping that Joshua and I would be able to take a walk during the time, but that was discouraged.  Joshua did an excellent job entertaining himself and saying "water, water, water, ISAAC, water, water" over and over again, but I'm not sure how long that'll last.  We might take a little walk tomorrow anyway.


Joshua got to sit facing forwards for the first time today.  He seemed a bit unsure at first, but I liked it. :)

Joshua proceeded to have a hard afternoon/evening when at home.  When we were away from home he was fine, but I haven't seen him so sad for quite a while.  Ahh, the lovely twos.

2 comments:

betsy said...

Where are your swimming lessons again? How often?

betsy said...

Where are your swimming lessons again? How often?