Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wednesday: Isaac

I went into Isaac's room today and saw this.


I was a bit shocked...I thought he knew better than to write on the walls!  (Although the markers are easy wash off, so I didn't freak out.) Then I looked closer.  He had written on Sotch Tape that he had put up there.  He originally got the tape because he made a cross (the toothpicks) and told me that Jesus died on a cross and he had to hang it up.  But then rest time started and he got a bit creative.  I'll admit, I wasn't sure whether to be annoyed, since it isn't really a great thing to do, or impressed at his creativity.

During rest time today he took a nap.  He's been fighting a cold/cough, so it didn't surprise me too much.  When that happens he gets IPad time at bedtime, because it's rather late in the afternoon and he can never go to sleep right away anyway.  It works well.  Usually.  Today he had the biggest meltdown ever.  And it kept coming back!  He woke up at 4, calmed down at 4:15 to make a card, worked himself up at 4:35 when we were leaving for errands/gym, calmed down at 4:40 to eat 1/4 graham cracker, and on and on and on.  Usually he's pretty easy to reason with, but today he reasoned himself back into crying...

A: Be strong!  You can do it!  You don't need to cry.
I: But the cries are infinity strong! [crying]

I gave up several times.

No comments: