Friday, August 26, 2016

Wednesday: Dutch Village

Every time we go by the Ferris wheel in Dutch Village, Isaac has wanted to know when he could go on it.  Today was the day!

Of course, we got there and he saw how tall it was and changed his mind.  I had to change it back for him.  He hung on so tightly, but by the end seemed to be enjoying it.
I think Joshua might have enjoyed it too, but he said he didn't want to go on.  I wasn't going to push it.

We wandered around, climbing on all the stuff.




Then went for a carousel ride.  Joshua never seemed too sure about it, but Isaac enjoyed it after I was his seat belt.



We wandered around a bit more, checking out a maze and a pump duck race.  So simple, yet so fun.


Isaac wanted to go on the last ride.  I didn't think he'd enjoy it, but he liked the whole thing.  Maybe just because it looks like a fast spinny ride is why I thought he wouldn't like it.  I went on it with him and didn't find it bad at all.  Once you get up to a constant speed you just stay there - no ups or downs or speed changes - so it was nice and gentle.

Isaac brought Aunt C on one last Ferris wheel ride, we took a quick look at the train, and then headed out.  We barely touched the barn animals.  It always surprises me how much fun the place is...it seems like it should just be a tourist trap, but it's more like a fancy playground and tourist trap and you can do whatever part(s) you want.

Joshua and Aunt C bonded during the outing and as she was leaving he blew her a kiss.  Super sweet and I'm not sure I've seen him do that unprompted before. :)

2 comments:

betsy said...

I was just thinking we should try to go there once more this summer. Glad you got a visit in!

betsy said...

I was just thinking we should try to go there once more this summer. Glad you got a visit in!