Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Monday: truck parade and labor day

We went to see the truck parade again today.  We didn't plan to meet up with Betsy and her family, but they showed up at the normal place too!



It was great fun, as always.

The boys played Legos (alone) in the basement very well for about an hour this afternoon.  I thought I might have to intervine when Joshua started complaining that Isaac took all the chairs, but it resolved itself.  There were also a few times that I looked over at Ben and said, "what in the world are they talking about??"  But they were happy and content, so that's all that matters.

We went to Larry and Cheryl's for dinner.  They both ate well and then played in the basement for a while.  They haven't gotten to play down there for a while and it was the highlight of Isaac's day.

And now lunches are packed, last minute instructions have been given, and the kindergartner is asleep.  I'm nervous for tomorrow, but I can't tell if I'm nervous for Isaac or because I have a full day and will need to keep moving to get to my first meeting on time. :D  I'm also very excited for him - I think he'll do well.  And in a week or two it'll feel normal.

No comments: