Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday: last night

A while ago I read a good book series, Bobiverse.  Since I enjoyed it quite a bit, I looked at a few other Goodreads lists that it was on, seeing if there was anything else that the online library had.  There was, Leviathan Wakes.

A few days ago Ben suggested a TV show to watch, The Expanse.  I watched two episodes and was finding it a bit dark...distopian, as Ben put it.  I said I'd watch one more episode, but I probably won't.  It just didn't catch my fancy and I'm listening to a good audiobook, so it'll probably be permanently shelved for me.

Last night the book was finally available, so I checked it out and eagerly started reading it.  It seemed a little familiar.  I kept reading.  It seemed really familiar.  I kept reading.  When I was 2% of the way through the book I called it out...it was the book the TV show was based on.  I had read about half of the first episode and there were too many similarities...er, plots points that were exactly the same... for it to be a coincidence.

It was weird to have the same story line brought to me in two different ways over the course of the weekend.

No comments: