Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tuesday: First day of school

Today was Joshua's first day of Young 5s.  It only went ok.  The teachers said that transitions were hard and in the car Joshua noted that when it was time to clean up he had forgotten where to put things.  He was almost in tears right before I left too because he didn't know what he was supposed to do...he had left my side and wandered off a bit while the teacher was helping me put things in the right place.  But he's ready to try again tomorrow.



Isaac had a good day of second grade.  He was old enough to find his spot before school without any help.  He reminded me of one thing when he got out of the car and suddenly was gone!  Last year it took about five minutes of good-byes before he left; this was rather abrupt.  I didn't really hear very much about his day besides that he likes his teacher and he had art.



My day went well too.  Something happened to the side of my tongue a few days ago (like I bit it, but I don't remember it) and it feels like my mouth is full of cotton balls.  It makes it a bit hard to talk.  I was feeling ok with it by the second class and then I had five minutes of stomach cramps.  Maybe something I ate?  I pushed through though, hoping it would go away because I didn't want to take a break.  I didn't know how pick up would go with the kids and I wanted every extra minute.  I was a few minutes later than I wanted to be with Isaac, but I was not late by any means.


No comments: