Thursday, August 1, 2019

Thursday: getting rid of stuff

One of today's activities was to find some books and toys to give to a small child staying with us this weekend.  It started off poorly.

Amanda: Joshua, find some board books that you want to get rid of
Joshua: I can't find any
Amanda: Ok, just take out all the board books and then we can pick from them
Joshua: I can't find any.

Since we had about thirty minutes to do some work I was rather annoyed.  I got all the board books and we laid them out on the floor.  Joshua and Isaac got to pick one that they wanted to keep and then I picked one to get rid of.  Repeat until all the books were selected.  We did the same thing with some toys.  I was very happy with the lack of whining that happened with this system.

I also managed to pass on two books that were favorites of the kids but oh, so annoying.

No comments: