Sunday, January 19, 2020

Sunday: boots

Yesterday. after I stepped in a puddle due to melting snow, I remembered that my boots were falling apart.  I remember thinking this last year, but obviously didn't do anything about it.  They've been good boots...I got them as a Christmas present about 10 years ago.  They're still fine boots in the snow, but the water leaks right in through some cracks.

Anyway, yesterday I ordered new boots.  They'll be here soon.  Today's problem was that I left them in the garage last night and they were still damp this morning.  It was too bad because we got a lot of snow this morning and it would have been ideal to wear them.

They were better by the evening when I went out to snow blow.  Still slightly damp, but I didn't feel the need to change my socks afterwards.

Good story, I know.  It was otherwise a rather normal day so I don't have much to talk about.

1 comment:

Heather D. said...

I have the same problem... good boots I've had since Champaign, but now water seeps in. I hate finding new shoes... or clothes in general. 😊