Thursday, April 16, 2020

Thursday: lost

Joshua came in this morning complaining about his wiggly tooth.  (It started wiggling a bit less than a week ago.)  That's Ben's department, and Ben said he'd look at it when he got up.  Ten minutes later Joshua comes back.  Ben eventually got up and said it was almost ready but not quite.  At breakfast Joshua put way too much granola bar in his mouth but managed to get the tooth out.  He was so excited.  It's a good thing that Gov. Whitmer said that the tooth fairy is considered essential personnel.

Joshua was sleeping in the tent but the tooth fairy can't get in the tent.  So he put it under a pillow in his bed along with a note in case the tooth fairy goes to the tent first.

Isaac had a meeting with his class.  It's the first time they've tried this and it went better than I was expecting.  The students did a good job muting and unmuting themselves, so that helped a ton.  Isaac only went a little crazy at the end.

Joshua's challenge was to built a flower and flower pot, a ducky, or a person in a sleeping bag.  He put the ducky in the sleeping bag too.  (Does anyone have some challenge suggestions?  I have some from the internet but a lot of them aren't quite what I'm looking for.)

There was also a complex story that involved a carrot sword hidden behind flowers in case bad guys came.

Ben reminded me that I could use a blanket while teaching, so I used our zipper blanket.  It was much nicer.  Also, "teaching" was much nicer today...I gave them time to work on a small project but no one asked any questions so I was able to get some other school work done.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love Joshua's note to the tooth fairy!!

betsy said...

Hooray for a lost tooth!