Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday: today

I went to the grocery store today.  We just needed a few things as we couldn't pick up our groceries until Friday.  (I placed the order on Saturday.)  Anyway, the two items that really caused me to go to the store were sliced cheese (I forgot to put them on the order) and tampons.  Since I was there I also picked up some yogurt, toilet paper (in case it doesn't come on our order), Mountain Dew, and fizzy water.  I'm going to be honest...I'm having a hard time going from groceries every week to groceries every two-three weeks.  I can't quite wrap my head around what we're going to need that far out.  I'm sure that I'd get better at it if I needed to do it for a while, but it's hard.  Oh, flowers were on sale and since I couldn't get them for Mom's death day I picked them up today.  Also, I was surprised at the number of people not wearing masks...maybe up to 60%.  It's possible that it's been all over my news feed because of the sewing aspect of it, but I really thought more people would be wearing something.

When I got home I found out that my boys had been turned into rocks and barricaded themselves in Isaac's bedroom.  They did a great job of it; I couldn't open the door.  So we had a late start to school, but it was nice because I was able to get caught up on a few house work things.

It snowed off and on today.  Not enough to play in, just enough to make it cold.  I was cold yesterday too and it was rather annoying.  When it's cold I don't want to go on the walk that I really should take.

Isaac made cookies for his life skill again.  He did a much better job.  He's also becoming less afraid of the oven.

Joshua made a dragon and a venus flytrap.  It's a bad dragon that breathed fire on the Venus flytrap.  I find it interesting how all his animals (unicorn, horse, dragon) look about the same.

Joshua also made scribble monsters for art.  They're trying to give you a hug.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm curious if Joushua picked a nap, no screen time or sleeping in his bed?

betsy said...

The flowers are beautiful. I am surprised at the lack of masks! Meijer lets me modify my order until 1 hour prior. Maybe wherever you ordered from has that option too? I find myself adding off and on for a few days after ordering :)

Heather D. said...

Love the scribble monster hugs!😃