Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Tuesday: made it

Well, I made it through the day.  I guess it wasn't that hard, but I was especially feeling the lack of work/home/school balance today.

It's probably in part because I didn't feel great about the lecture today.  It was a good topic, but super short.  The boys did a good job of giving me some time in the morning and later in the afternoon to finish up some stuff though, so I feel mostly prepared for the next several classes.

Horizon came to help me teach for a few moments.

Joshua had a lego challenge of a horse or a tree house.  He made a rainbow horse and a treehouse.  The person took all the leaves off the tree though.  The tree house has an inside floor and a roof floor that had a rope for climbing up to.

Although the window is at the same height as the horse's back, it is not for getting onto the horse.  Apparently that was a silly idea.

Joshua and I also got on each other's nerves tonight.  I was telling him to hurry up with the chores and he basically told me that he didn't want to.  (I'm not sure exactly what he said.  It hurts to do chores perhaps?)  So I told him that we'd have to stop screen time with Dad after dinner if that was the case.  This of course sent him in to tears.  And he spilled the Legos he was trying to put away.  I was helping him clean them up but he wasn't sorting them well (it was an easy sort) because "he couldn't see" through the tears.  I told him to finish his chores and he cried all the way through them.  He finally came up and sat on my lap and said that he was sad because it seemed like I was mad and he didn't want to do his chores because he has done them so many times.  I told him I was mad.  And that I do the same chores all the time too.  But I did agree with him that they're boring.  Anyway, all that to say something will need to change tomorrow and he won't like it.  I think I'll give him a choice though: nap, no screen time, or sleep in his bed instead of the tent.  I expect he'll choose nap, but we'll see.  At least, that's what I hope he chooses as I'm pretty sure he hasn't been getting enough sleep.

No comments: