Thursday, April 2, 2020

Wednesday: stay in bed

Joshua came in to see if I was awake yet.  I was, but I told him I didn't want to get out of bed.  He called in the reinforcements...Isaac.  Isaac asked why I didn't want to get out bed and I said that I didn't want to do school.  Isaac immediately realized the implications of this and left with Joshua.

They came back a little later with a granola bar for me and told me that I wasn't supposed to get out of bed.  Then they went back outside and figured out the minimum amount that they could get away with for school.




So Isaac helped Joshua with his number flashcards.  The next item for Joshua was mom's choice, so I had Joshua do a puzzle on the floor.  Isaac did his reading and math next to me in bed.  I had gotten my laptop by this point and was doing work of my own.


However, I did have a few things that needed to be done.  Joshua helped by putting on my socks.

Later in the afternoon we went for a walk around the lake and I gave them a letter scavenger hunt.  I also gave them phones to take pictures with, but the phones died before we got half way around.  I guess the camera can't stay on the whole time.  Anyway, Isaac had s and found things like: steel, silver, sign, sky, sun, stick, scene, seagull, and seven.  Joshua had b and found things like: bark, bump, branch, black, ball bush, bench, bird house, and background.

Well, it was an interesting day!  Joshua made a popcorn bucket out of Legos to match the popcorn bucket he made yesterday from perler beads.

Joshua had his first time of karate.  It was good that I was there, but I think he had fun.

And the boys are putting together all the Lego dragons that we have.  Joshua put the popcorn bucket in the middle so that...the finished dragons could have popcorn?  I forget, but it was very cute at the time.

No comments: