Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving

 It was an excellent day, as days go.

Ben and I woke up to three signs that Joshua had written, but we had to wait until everyone was moving to read them.  Joshua was really excited.


The first one was about Pokemon Go, but I got stuck after that and Joshua didn't tell the the rest of what he wrote.  The light pink one says 'Minecraft thing on Joshua's account' because he had something to show Ben for his birthday.  The orange one says, 'Winter Muffin Joke.  What did the muffin say when d__[I think he forgot to write the rest].  Ear muffins!"

We watched church together.  They had the lyrics working again, which was nice.

Joshua and this snake taught me to laugh like a bad guy while I was making green bean casserole.

Happy Thanksgiving!  A Lego challenge from a week ago.

The Thanksgiving meal.  Most of it brought to you by a local restaurant, which was an excellent idea for us.  

Joshua was really excited for the pumpkin pie, but what I think he was really excited about was that he didn't have to eat all his food to get it.  I handed him his plate with the food and said something like, "Here's your food.  You need to at least pretend to eat it for pie."  He took this very literally, eating his 1/2 roll and moving his fork but not actually touching any of the food.

We ate while watching a movie.  I'm very thankful for my family and love them a lot, but I see them all.the.time.

We met up with Ben's family right before dinner (but it did not include dinner) for a very responsible, socially-distanced, mask-wearing get together outside.  It was nice to see everyone.  Isaac and Joshua did their own thing, as they often do, but I understand not wanting to just stand around and talk.  By the end my toes were rather cold though.

Oh, it's also Ben's birthday!  We got him some gifts and sang Happy Birthday, but it was rather low-key.

There are a lot of things to be thankful for this year, but the one that stands out the most is for kids that play well together.  Staying at home so much has been so much easier knowing that the kids will play together for several hours every day.  I really thought they'd be sick of each other, but, with the exception of a day here or there, they haven't been.  They even like each other so much that they're still sleeping in the same room.  Well, tonight they're sleeping in the tent. But they're still together.

No comments: