Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thursday: quarantine

 Well, here we are.  In quarantine.  Of course, we don't actually know if we should be in quarantine.  

Ben came home yesterday with cold symptoms, and those symptoms overlap with COVID symptoms.  He made an appointment last night to get tested and the first available was Saturday.  SATURDAY!!  It takes 2.5 days to get tested...that's absurd.  It'll take another 3-4 days to get results.  Case numbers are sky-rocketing and there's no end in sight because people can't even get tested in a timely manner.  (I know there are a lot of people and they can only test so fast.  But it is still so annoying.)

So Ben is by himself a lot.  (Let's face it, I kind of wish I was by myself a lot.  I had to go on an Easter egg hunt today and then do silly things that were in the Easter eggs in order to get shiny rocks.)  I'm sleeping in Isaac's room.  Um...we canceled a few things on the calendar but we were already pulling back so those aren't too bad.

I taught from home today.  This went fine.  The class is set up well for remote learning anyway and I have some good TAs.  It's a little hard to not see the students to know if they need a bit more time to catch up with what I just did, but I think I did ok.  The second class asks a lot more questions than the first class and I could hear most of the questions too...so it didn't always have to go through the TA.  (Now that the second class isn't quite so slow I have been enjoying it a lot more.  They ask good questions, and questions make the whole class a bit more enjoyable.)

Isaac had his first piano lesson today.  It was going to be by zoom anyway, so nothing had to change there!

Pictures.  I should be taking more pictures because it makes the blog more interesting.  But let's be honest, I can't even keep the dishes from piling up or get the laundry put away right now.  I'm not sure why.  Yesterday I felt quite productive, but then I looked around and it was a mess.  I was probably productive on things you can't see.  Yeah.  That's it.


1 comment:

Heather D. said...

I read your last paragraph aloud to Doug. 😆 Love it and can absolutely relate!!