Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Tuesday: the good and the bad

 Well, let's start with the bad.  Right?  Because that's were we should always start.

*Ben still doesn't have his test results back.
*My back hurts...a lot.  I think it's because I'm a stomach sleeper on an air mattress.  I'll be trying the couch tonight.  (I'm pretty sure it's just normal soreness and nothing more severe, but moving is hard right now.)
*Isaac took two hours to take his math test today.  I'm not really sure why...he knew the material.  It was supposed to be a half day, but was only a little shorter than normal because of this and he was very sad.
*I still had to teach via Zoom.
*The house is still a mess.
*My students in remote learning with Macs can't access the virtual machines that CIT and I set up.  I could access them a month ago when I saw this problem coming.  Now that the a lot of students are in remote learning something changed and it isn't working.


We'll move on to the good, because there was plenty of that too.

*It was a nice day out.  The doors were open most of the day again.
*I think Isaac is slowly realizing that he is working slowly and hopefully that will inspire him to work more quickly.
*Students seem very understanding of teaching via zoom and I have some great TAs.  It's annoying but working fine overall.  I realized if I was in their place it would be annoying but I'd rather have them take the precautions then come to school and that puts everything in perspective.
*The kids played so well today.  I was in a bad mood and they played and left me alone.
*Ben is still only feeling light cold symptoms.
*Joshua loaded the dishwasher for the first time tonight!  I gave him vague instructions to start with and when I came back to check on him all of the cups were right side up. :D

No comments: