Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wednesday: still here

 Well, it has now been a week since Ben started his minor cold symptoms and we still don't know if it is COVID or not.  I understand that health care professionals and labs are doing their best to move all the cases through as quickly as possible.  But it's also a bit absurd.  Ben and I are lucky in that we can work from home (although apparently Ben is actually using his sick time, which he receives plenty of).   I won't start on a rant about people that can't afford to take off a week just to find out they have a cold.  I also won't start on a rant that if we knew it was going to take this long we might have not tried to quarantine Ben as much as possible in the house...because it is terrible.  I'll happily give up going to karate and going to church and going shopping if we don't have to do this again.

In other news, the rest of the day was fine.  The weather got cold again, which is really a bit sad.  Joshua had a hard night, and I'm not really sure why.  At one point he was crying (after 10 minutes of crying) because he couldn't decide whether to do his chores so he could get reading time with me before bed or not do his chores but then not get reading time.  I usually hold a hard line on this one, but usually it seems like Joshua is more in control of his emotions.  Today I told him he could just stay in his bed (with books) and he could still have reading time.  Oh, the relief was instantly obvious on his face.

No comments: