Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tuesday: worries

Joshua came down after bedtime and seemed a bit worried.  He had already been down a few times complaining about how there weren't any books he wanted to read.  It ended up slightly different.

J: I kind of wonder this every night, but are pirates going to come tonight?
A: Nope, no pirates.
J: How do you know?
A: We don't live by pirates.
J: Oh, ok!

If only all worries were so easy to deal with. :)

************************************

Our power went out right before the boys started their second meetings of the day.  It took me a few minutes to figure out, but I realized I could use my phone as a hotspot and then they could both go to their meetings.  Luckily the power turned back on after about a half hour, because the phone wasn't going to last long enough for them to do the whole day.  I was rather worried that it wasn't going to come on in a timely manner because it never showed up on the outage map.

*************************************

Isaac finished his math NWEA today with a rather high score.  After dinner I made an off-hand comment to Ben about calculating the standard deviations and Isaac was curious to know what that meant.

So Isaac got a math lesson in standard deviations.  The lesson never returned to his test score, so he knows he did well, but probably not how well.



No comments: