Sunday, December 10, 2023

Sunday: Moodle and Christmas Ruiners

There were two surprises today.  First is that Moodle, the website for organizing class stuff, was down today.  It's been down since at least noon, and it is still down.  Normally this would be a minor problem, but it is exam week this coming week and students can't access material they need.  I have the first exam slot tomorrow!  I had been all excited because that's the best time slot, but my excitement has been dampened.

Now, I have been somewhat proactive.  I sent out some of the study guides and class recordings this afternoon.  I've sent out links for the homework instructions too, because it was all in google drive.  However, I did remind students that I have a firm policy that no late homework is accepted after the exam, even if there is an emergency.  This isn't the emergency I envisioned, but I'm holding the policy firm anyway - the homework was already late and they were warned multiple times.

The Dean's Council also sent out an email with some suggestions.  I'm letting students have a bit more time and will double check the grades between the two classes to make sure there isn't a huge difference.  I don't expect there will be.  Most students seem to have the material down.

It will be annoying, but just annoying, if Moodle is still down in the morning.  They'll have to email me the files instead of submitting them to Moodle, so it'll take a bit more time organizing everything.

************************************************

Secondly, the Christmas Ruiners were out in force today!  Yesterday one just had a few babies, but today there were a ton baby Ruiners!  They were trying to steal my coat.  And just like all babies, they are super cute.

One of them also left me a poorly spelled and written letter saying their dad was trapped in the top of the microwave, so the first thing I got to do was save a Ruiner.


Honestly, it's been so much fun.  The little guys hide everywhere so I'm finding them throughout the day.  There was one in the carrots, one in a stocking, and several just around.


No comments: