Saturday, March 30, 2024

Silent Saturday: egg things

 Today, in the day between the sadness and the rejoicing, we did our secular Easter things.  The kids dyed Easter eggs.  Now that they're older I came up with the great idea of having them do it one at a time...this prevented all the "you still have an egg in that cup and I want that color" that I deal with.  Hmm.  I usually get the kits on sale after Easter: I suppose I could get two.  Either way, it worked really nicely this year.


After dinner we did an egg hunt.  Stuffing the eggs I got rather grumpy.  I didn't prepare well and it really isn't a fun activity.  I ended up with some Christmas candy, spare change, and *lots* of little pieces of paper for 2 minutes of screen time.  I told them not to have very high expectations.

The hunt itself was pretty fun.  The kids enjoyed it and like the odd places we found.  





When they were opening their eggs I was rather proud of them.  There was just laughter over what was in the egg, even when an egg only had 3 pennies in it.  They thought all the slips of paper with screen time were fun.  I don't think they even realized the candy was from Christmas.


No comments: