Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Wednesday: dresser

Today I cleaned out our dresser.  

So. Many. Socks.

I had a lot of socks.  Ben had a ton of socks.  We still have a lot of socks, but we both have less now.  Ben probably doesn't need the old socks from two cycles ago "just in case."  In fact, it turns out he doesn't even need last cycle's socks because he had three pairs of new looking socks that will work for backup.

I didn't think I'd end up getting rid of this much - 2 bags for recycle and 2 bags for donation.  But we definitely don't need clothing with crunchy elastic anymore.  (I did make several decisions for Ben based on what he doesn't wear, but I also left him a few choices on things I wasn't sure about.)



It was pinewood derby tonight.  Joshua was going for the Turtle award with a car named "Turtle."  He was the slowest of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders, but there was a younger boy who managed to beat him before we were closely watching the times.  He was disappointed, but seemed to bounce back pretty quickly.  His car did look so slow though!  For his first run, he was in the middle and the other two cars finished while he still had a quarter of the track to go.






No comments: