Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday: bedroom and picture wall

Our bedroom is cleaned up and we finally got our new bed lamps, so I can show you pictures of another room!  Bed lamps have been on our "to buy" list for about five years now.  We finally got some because the lamp Ben was using is ugly and Isaac took the one I was using.  (Which, when I thought about it, used to be Nathan's.  I traded him a desk chair for it right before I left for college.)  They are three-way touch lamps and we're quite happy with them.

The yellow wall is the bathroom.  It is all cleaned up to, but nothing too special.  A toilet, a shower, two sinks, and cabinets.

I put the picture wall back up!  I missed it.  Issac got featured predominantly in it...in fact, if someone in our immediate family wasn't in the picture, it got replaced.  (Flurry counts as a family member.) (Except for some elephants, and I expect to replace them shortly.)
I would like to get a few more pictures with our extended families, but don't have any recent ones.  There is also one of Ben jumping into a pool that I want to get, but couldn't find the disc when I was ready to order.

(BTW, how do you distinguish the family that we grew up with from the family that includes aunts, uncles, and cousins?  Because now I'd say that our immediate family is Ben/Amanda/Isaac/Flurry.  That would make, for example, Dad, Pat, Nathan, and Liz our extended family.  But then how to easily specify the next level of family...i.e., my aunts/uncles/cousins?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the terms immediate family, near family, and extended family would work, with near family as the designation for parents and siblings and extended family encompassing aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Annette B.

Amanda said...

Annette...that's perfect! Thanks!