Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday: work

I know...it's the subject on everyone's mind.  How did Amanda's first day back at work go?  Did Isaac enjoy day care?  Did Ben's day go well?

The answer to all of those is...ok-ish.

I dropped Isaac off and only got a little choked up in the car...not bad at all.  I actually enjoyed the morning at work.  It was the part of my job that I like.  I fed Isaac over lunch.  Again, it was nice to see how everything in the room works.  And of course see Isaac, although I didn't get any smiles.  Then the afternoon.  It didn't go all that bad, but I'm not excited about some of the projects I'm going to work on.  And somehow I was getting all the meeting notices and accepts/declines for meetings for my manager...which meant that I had received over 700 emails while I was gone and 675 of them were unimportant.  But I still had to go through all of them and figure out which were which.  It got old in the afternoon.

Then I went to pick up Isaac.  I realized I had no clue what he did during the day and that saddened me.  The "story time" and "tummy time" boxes where checked, but I don't know how long they were for or how engaged he was in story time or if he managed to actually hold his head up during tummy time or if he just cried.  I do know that he didn't nap very well compared to how well he has been.  The smiley boxes were checked for morning and afternoon, but that isn't very helpful either.

So, stay tuned.  We'll see what happens in the future.

2 comments:

betsy said...

I had been wondering! And praying it was going well! Hang in there and keep us posted on the upcoming days!

Anonymous said...

Those were all my questions!

-Dusty