Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thursday: sleepover and microwave

Last night we have a very short power outage.  Just long enough for us to say, "woah, did the power just go out?" and for all the clocks to reset.  This included the microwave.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but a year or two ago the beep on our microwave stopped working.  At first I found it odd, but then I found that I loved it!  No more trying to stop it from beeping to help people sleep.  No more annoying beeping noises at you; it turns out that the microwave makes plenty of noise and you can quickly learn to listen for the absence of noise.  I probably forget about something in the microwave every month or two, but it can usually just be reheated.

Well, the microwave also started beeping again.  Turns out there is an easy way to turn off the beeping.  I just had to push the settings button and then turn off the sound.  Phew.  I'd recommend taking a look at yours and trying it for a bit. :)

Also, I'm sure you're wondering how the sleepover last night went.  Not so well.  Isaac woke up at 10pm with Joshua, slept through the 4am waking, and woke up (and went to his own bed) at 6am.  He wanted to sleep in Joshua's room again tonight so he enjoyed the change of pace, but I think we need to wait a bit before trying again.  I didn't feel comfortable letting Joshua wimper for a few minutes to see if he would go back to sleep since I didn't want him to wake up Isaac.

Speaking of Joshua and Isaac, at daycare I usually pick up Isaac first and then we get Joshua.  We went in the room and Joshua was so excited!  Isaac went around the corner for some toys.  Joshua started to come over to me and then stopped.  He looked around a bit.  "IIaac?"  "He's around the corner."  Joshua goes around the corner.  "HI!"  It seems like it should make me sad but it really doesn't.  ...we just need to figure out how to get Isaac to enjoy being with Joshua a bit more.  Hopefully that'll come with time.

No comments: