Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wednesday: an excellent day

Today just worked.  It was wonderful.

The plan had been to do some errands this morning.  However, we were pretty slow in getting ready.  Then, just a few minutes before leaving there was a squirrel by the bird feeder.  Isaac and Joshua went outside and chased it away.  But that began the great morning.

First Isaac declared that "it's a nice day for a party" and brought out all the kids' place setting stuff - spoons, plates, glasses.  I thought about telling him no, but then I realized that I don't really care.  What's the worst that happens...I have to put it through the dishwasher?

That didn't last as long as I was hoping, so I gave them each a cookie for their party.  While they were munching, I started my school work.


They proceeded to play inside and play outside, to play with balls, and to sort of play with each other for the rest of the morning.  I interacted with them and helped dry some tears, but mostly they entertained themselves.

We went for a short walk to visit some neighbors, had lunch outside, and naps.  Isaac wanted to play outside a bit more, so we did that.


Then off to the gym for racquetball.  I played much better than normal, and we had some awesome volleys.  I even won a game!

The rest of the night has been pretty normal, but I do like our routine.

2 comments:

betsy said...

What a good mom :)

betsy said...

What a good mom :)