Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday: on why it takes me an hour to unload the top of the dishwasher

At 5pm today, I had a simple goal: finish unloading the dishwasher.  I only had to do the top; I had done the bottom earlier and Isaac did the silverware.  It went something like this.

I unload one item.
Isaac needs help opening his new game.
I unload one item.
Isaac wants to play his new game.  (It turned out to be more of a one person game, which was perfect.)
Joshua is playing outside on the deck; he gets a quick check.
I unload one item.
Isaac needs help.  I move him to the kitchen and help him.
I realize the high chair really needs to be cleaned before dinner and bring it into the kitchen.
Isaac solves the puzzle and would like help getting the next one set up.
I clean the high chair tray.
I help Issac with the next card.
I glance at Joshua.
I take one item out of the dishwasher.
I help Isaac with the next card.
I hear Joshua yell, only to find that he had released all the water in the water table.
I go down to turn on the hose.
I go up to refill the water table.
I go inside, only to find out I didn't fill it up enough.  I fill it up more.
I go inside and get Isaac started on the next card.
I go downstairs to turn off the hose.
I go upstairs and get three items put away from the dishwasher.
I help Isaac with a card he's stuck on.
Joshua is done, but needs a diaper and clothes change.
I get Isaac started on the next card.
I put away one item.
I check Joshua and decide I should spend some time with him.
I help Isaac with the next card.
I put away the last of the dishes.

It was about 5:50pm.

In other news, all our stuffed animals got put to bed this morning.  Both boys enjoyed this game.

We went to the library after playing at a playground and got the Chico Bon-Bon stories again. (Monkey with a tool belt, Monkey with a tool belt and the loud noise)  I read them both twice, Isaac read them himself at least once, and Ben read them both once.  Oh Chico...I have a love/hate relationship with you.

No comments: