Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday: freezer meal, bike, rain

I was looking at the schedule for the day and not really sure what we were going to do.  So I had Isaac draw something out of the jar: make freezer meals.  It was perfect!  I had actually been thinking that we should make curry again soon, but this made it happen.

I have two boys that both like to help.  It's a bit of challenge keeping both of them occupied, but we managed.  Joshua did things like take potatoes out of the bag (and then put them back in after he took out all the potatoes), put the chopped potatoes in the bowl, and then put the assorted frozen food scraps in the blender to feed to the worms.  He really enjoyed the blender.  Isaac is getting much more independent, and was able to put carrots in the blender, get the spices, put the spices in the pot, stir the pot, put veggies and water in the pot, get the flour in the pan, and mix it with the curry.  I can often give him an instruction or two and then he can do it all, freeing up my hands to do other parts.



This activity also provided several play times while waiting for it to cook.  Here's Isaac, Mom, Mr. Mean, and People.  (People is a single person.  He goes with Grill. (Girl)).  Isaac wrote Isaac and Mom.



Then we went out in the garage to put on the new bike seat for Joshua.  It went pretty well, although my tires were so flat I needed to get out the air compressor...the bike pump caused a few moments of tension.  I've only ridden it in a short circle, but it wasn't in the way too much.  Tomorrow's the big test.

It was raining while I was putting the seat on, and the boys enjoyed it.

2 comments:

betsy said...

I was picturing the bike seat in front of the handlebars. This makes much more sense!!! Also, great job teaching your boys to cook! I need to learn from your example I think!

betsy said...

I was picturing the bike seat in front of the handlebars. This makes much more sense!!! Also, great job teaching your boys to cook! I need to learn from your example I think!