Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tuesday: bike saga continued

We started this morning by watering the flowers promptly; it was supposed to be a hot day and I didn't want to be out when it was actually hot.  The bike seat worked well.  Joshua enjoyed it and I didn't find it too uncomfortable to have him there.  The hardest part was probably that Isaac stopped so many times.  (It also felt like he went rather slowly for some of it, but that might be a matter of perspective.)  But we made it.

We got home and Joshua decided he wanted a snack.  I said he could have some of his left over yogurt, but that was not acceptable.  So we went out, because I was not going to be stuck in a house with a screaming child.  We went to the bank and opened savings accounts for the boys.  They both got piggy banks and pencils, and were rather excited about both.


This afternoon, right before we were about to leave, Joshua wanted his pencil sharpened like Isaac's.  We did that, and then I said they could draw on a box.  That quickly changed to punching holes in the box.  But they were happy and playing together and while I hoped that they didn't punch each other's hands I let them be.

We had family pictures this evening.  It was hot.  The boys did quite well.  Not super awesome, but not terrible either.  However, I was not the person Joshua wanted to be with.  Ben was the best, followed by Allison.

2 comments:

betsy said...

Nice bank- another good idea- we should open accounts for our kids too!

betsy said...

Nice bank- another good idea- we should open accounts for our kids too!