Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday: VBS and old friends

Today was the last day of VBS.  It went well.  Our class says the Bible verse in a circle, one person saying each word, and I time it.  We started out the week at 1:15 and got it down to 25 seconds today!  Today was the first day that it finally felt as though we mostly knew it...it was a hard one this year.  "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go and I will bring you back to this land.  I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised."  Gen 28:15.  There are a lot of clauses in it.  The best part of the day was at the end when one of the moms told me that her son ended up in the perfect group because of me.  (And really, because of my helper too.)  We were rather low-key and not in their faces.  We were there and made sure everyone was in the right spot but both of us seemed rather introverted and didn't force much talking.  (That doesn't mean we didn't talk to the kids, but not as much as some teachers do.)  Apparently that was just what her son needed and wouldn't have come back if we had been different.  It was very nice to hear.

This afternoon we met up with Amy and Brian.  The kids played on the playground and we had dinner and took a walk.  It was sad that it was such a short time, but the kids were all near the end of being happy.  And we had a wonderful time while we were together.


1 comment:

betsy said...

Awwww how fun you could meet up with them! And how perfect that God had you placed as a teacher in that specific VBS class! ❤