Sunday, July 24, 2016

Weekend: camping

We went camping this weekend.  It was crazy hot and rained at the very end, but we still had a great time.

(Some of the pictures are from Nate and Liz.)

We got the tents set up and the kids played jail before anything was in them.

The boys enjoyed a bunch of jumping.  The castle was up all weekend.  (We have a cute video too, but it is the kind that only the parents will enjoy.)

The kids also enjoyed the jumping pillow; Isaac's been asking for it all year.  The smaller ones took a few times to warm up to it.  The first bit they just liked to sit and be bounced by others, but by the end they were running all over it.

We brought our water table.  With the heat we thought it might be a good option, even if it was rather large.  They didn't get super wet too much, but did enjoy playing with it.

The adults!  There aren't many pictures of us.  The kids were too cute.

I told them they could squirt my toes.  Joshua dumped lots of cold water on them instead.  (I had put some extra ice in the water.)

Bubbles were a hit too.

They all really, really wanted to go on the train.  It was cute to see them all steer as they left the station.  They took it quite seriously.

Tractor ride!

Sunday morning the rain started around 5:30.  I was ok with that...it meant pack up would be annoying, but at least the rain wouldn't have time to soak through everything.  (Side note: Isaac hasn't been camping yet where it didn't rain a lot.)  I thought about keeping the kids in a tent, but it wasn't raining that hard and they had fun with umbrellas.  Or, in Joshua's case, without.

The boys and I went to change after we were all packed up and as I was almost done I looked outside and it was dark.  More storms were coming!  I hurried up, and was caught in about a minute of downpour.  However, our plan was to have breakfast at McDonalds and getting from the car into McDonalds soaked me more than packing up the campsite.  At least everything was in the car by then though!

It was hot this afternoon so I got some of the stuff dried and de-sanded.  It'll be a process.  If only it wouldn't rain.  Joshua slept a big nap this afternoon as he (and Ben and I) hadn't slept great.  We didn't sleep as bad as JJ, but it was nice to be in our own beds.

2 comments:

betsy said...

I thought of you a number of times in the crazy weather weekend! Glad you still had fun. Were you at triponds?

betsy said...

I thought of you a number of times in the crazy weather weekend! Glad you still had fun. Were you at triponds?