Sunday, January 14, 2024

Saturday: shoveling water 3, dishwasher

 We got a fair amount of snow over night and a very small amount during the day today.  I think we've gotten more since nightfall, but it's hard to tell how much.

Last night I went outside only to hear the drip-drip-drip of melting snow.  It was beautiful because it was so wet, but seriously?  It was the middle of the night!


I snow-blowed today and it only went ok.  The end of the driveway, where the plow had come through, was half slush, again.  The snow blower doesn't like slush.  I got some of it, but had to spend quite a while shoveling by hand.  I finally called it good enough since I figured I'd need to deal with it again soon.

*****************

Yesterday I put dishwasher detergent in the dishwasher and was surprised that it was white.  Last time I put it in the color was blue...and then I remembered being a little surprised that time too because I thought it was supposed to be white.  I thought about it for a little bit.  Did I actually put dish soap in?  No.  That would have been obvious.  Could it have been a dream?  Yeah, that's plausible.  Let's call it a dream.  Then I opened up the other side of the cabinet to throw away some trash and found another container of detergent...and it was blue.  Well, at least the mystery was solved.

No comments: