Thursday, January 18, 2024

Thursday: a sweet conversation

 I was bringing Joshua to piano tonight and we were talking about Minecraft adjacent things: is platinum or diamond more expensive? (I have no idea).  Are diamonds or emeralds more expensive? I also have no idea because I don't know anything about emeralds, but I know a little bit about diamonds.

J: I have another question you won't know.

A: Ok.

J: How do you ask your wife to marry you?

A: (oh, that turned differently than expected, but we were talking about wedding rings with diamonds) What part?

J: The ring.  How do you know what to get?

A: Well, you'll probably talk with your girlfriend at some point and find out what she likes.  She might like diamonds, so might not.  Either way is ok.

A: You also need to figure out if she likes gold or silver for the actual ring part.  You can often look at her other jewelry to figure this out.

J: Who gets the guys ring?

A: Well, usually you get the wedding rings together.  Grandpa Paul and Grandma Julie got a set and they had similar designs on them, but Mom and Dad just got plain bands.

J: hmm.  ok.

A: any other questions?

J:  No.  This was just one of those things you have to know!  I need to learn it somewhere.

A: Absolutely. I'm happy to answer any questions.

J: Although it was a little early.  They'll probably teach it to me in high school.

A: Mmm, they don't teach this kind of thing in school.

J: oh, I'll probably have to ask again then.

A: Sounds good.

No comments: