Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Wednesday: More water shoveling

Today was a snow day!  Honestly, it was a pretty good day for a snow day even if I'm not sure it should have been one.  I was home, Isaac doesn't miss extra school, and we had no important, or even semi-important, plans.  However, I had some personal plans for today.  I was going to carve some time out to just work on O:CtH, since it's been over a month since I've been able to do so.  I know it isn't a big deal and we still had a lovely day, but I was a little annoyed.

I expect Isaac will go back tomorrow.  He was normal for most of the day, although he decided to rest from 5-6pm which is abnormal.  So he's not completely over whatever he had, but there's been no fever.  I'm curious if there will be another snow day Friday.  One weather places says 1.5", another weather app says 10".  The snow isn't supposed to start until 8am though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

The kids played outside for quite a while after Joshua complained that he doesn't like snow.  It was good for sledding and good for packing.  By the end of the day there were at least five snowmen in the neighborhood.


I also shoveled more water.  It was still really heavy and slushy snow.

In the afternoon Isaac did some snow experiments.




No comments: