Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday: blog

Today we have our esteemed guest, Amanda, here to tell us some of her thoughts on blogging.

Interviewer Amanda (IA): So, Amanda, why did you choose to start a blog?
Responder Amanda (RA): Well, there are two main reasons. First was to share with friends and family what is going on in our life so that they know what's happening even if we aren't able to talk very often. The second is to help me remember all the little day to day things that I would otherwise forget - like a journal. Like this entry - it is a small enough event that I would probably forget it, but it was so much fun!

IA: What are your favorite and least favorite parts about blogging?
RA: Well, one of my least favorite things is that because anyone can read it, I don't write about all of the things going on in my life. But one of my favorite things is that anyone can read it. I love getting comments. (Hint, hint.)

IA: I notice that you post most days...why do you choose to do that?
RA: Well, one reason is that I always love having new posts to read from friends, so I figure other people feel the same way. Also, it keeps me in the habit of writing. Although I'm not sure that the "nothing interesting" posts are worth it. What do you think?
IA: I'm not sure either
RA: Well, that makes two of us.
IA: Actually, it only makes one of us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually LOL'd at that last line.
-Dusty

Amy Worrel said...

I think you both are silly gooses (geese?).

Mary said...

The "nothing interesting" posts are, interestingly, my favorites. One vote.