Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday: twitter

Tonight I visited Twitter.com for the first time. Ever. I'm part of the dark ages. But I wanted real-time updates on So You Think You Can Dance and it seemed like the best place to get it. It worked rather well. Alex is gone due to an injury, but it sounds like he'll be back next year.

We went to see IronMan 2 after work because it was rather hot out to be in the house. It was good. The middle was a little long, but I enjoyed the end. I was sad that the robot didn't play a larger role.

This afternoon I spent about 2 hours measuring the thickness of some panels. It was a riot, let me tell you. Oh, and then I wrapped the panels in foam. But that's not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about Verniers. (It's a way to precisely measure something.) The first time I used a Vernier was in general physics lab. It's kind of cool - I like lining up the lines. But I think it takes way too long to read. Today I had to read 0.0 + .075 + .008 + .0001. Sure, I can do that math in my head but it takes just that split second longer. Oh, and I had to move the whole panel around to see the .0001, so that definitely took longer.

No comments: