Saturday, July 10, 2010

Friday: corporate training videos

Today I did some of my corporate training. I understand why we need to do it. But what really makes me mad is when we are asked vague questions during the training and then told that the answer is wrong. Here are my examples:

1. You have found a problem. What do you do next?
A. Gather more information
B. Take action.

2. You have found a problem. What do you do?
A. Tell your manager immediately.
B. Validate the facts and then tell the customer within a few days.
C. Nothing.

3. You have a harassment problem with the person in the cube next to you. What do you do first?
A. Talk to the person
B. Tell your manager
C. Tell HR
D. Nothing.

Answers.
1. The answer is A. I would like to point out that gathering information is taking action. I got it wrong twice. (the question was posed in two different locations.)
2. The answer is A. I think B is an additional correct answer.
3. The answer is B. When you click on A it says "You talk to the person and they are unresponsive. Try a better answer." This answer bothers me because talking to the person is what they did first! It isn't my fault that the person is unresponsive. The question didn't ask what I would do if the person ignores what I say.

No comments: