Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday: life cycle of a couch

Dusty and Laura are giving their old couch to our church's youth group, which encouraged me to think about the life cycle of a couch. I found it rather interesting...

Year 1: Brand new! My owners love me! They won't let anyone eat on me or put their stinky feet on me!

Years 2-10: Well, I've become slightly worn, but I am still in a place of honor. I have a good life.

Years 10-15: I was given to the kids. They just got their own apartment and while I don't match any of the furniture, I am the only sitting location. I get used a lot! Life is good.

Years 17-19: I was given to a college kid. The room stinks, but I'm the only piece of comfortable furniture. I am loved!

Years 20-23: I am back in an apartment with non-matching furniture. I'm getting very worn at the edges and some springs don't spring anymore, but things are going ok.

Years 24-26: I was given to the youth group. I'm in rather terrible condition, but I at least get to be with other couches in terrible condition. Life is fun, and I don't have people sitting on me very much which is good at my age.

Year 27: I was put out on the curb to die, but some college kids picked me up before it rained. Phew. They kept me for four months. And then ceremoniously buried me in the dumpster. It was a good way to go. It was a good life.

No comments: