Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday: 5 question Friday

1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood?
I miss having summer vacation. Even in high school when I was working I still had a lot of time off. It was wonderful to have a change of pace.

2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school?
Yes, but we aren't nearly as close as we used to be. Probably because I don't live close to any of them anymore. I do keep in touch with several of them though and see them occasionally.

3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it?
"My bad." Bad is an adjective, so you can't own it.

4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"?
This picture:

5. Do you have any scars? If so, what's the story behind it?
I have one on my back from where I had a mole removed.

(Thanks to Five Question Friday for the questions)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I don't fault you for disliking 'my bad', adjectives do often function as nouns, i.e. substantive adjectives (An adjective used alone in the absence of the noun that it modifies). E.g. "the good, the bad and the ugly" or "Out with the old, in with the new".

--Dusty

Amanda said...

After thinking about this a bit, I realized that in your examples old/new/bad/good are still adjectives, they just don't specifically say what they modify (I think "stuff"). Maybe part of the problem is that I don't know what bad in "my bad" is trying to modify.