Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thursday: sickness

Yesterday Isaac seemed to be a lot better, even before the medicine.  (Although the internet said that croup is worst at night/early morning.)  This morning he seemed a bit off, but I just thought he was being three.  (For example, I was feeding Joshua and had forgotten to given him the bib that he wanted for his yogurt.  He started crying a real cry, so I came out to see what was going on.  He told me he needed a bib and I said, "oh, yeah.  Let me get that for you."  While I was getting it out, he shows me why he needs a bib by violently putting a huge bite of yogurt in his mouth, almost gagging himself, while convulsing wildly.  I just looked at him and wondered what in the world was going on.)

The people at daycare said he did great, but once we got home he kept talking about his head.  I didn't really understand what he was trying so say, so just brushed it off.  (His head is rough?  What is he talking about?)  He still was acting a bit weird, but not too much.  We were eating dinner (his favorite - chicken and tots) and suddenly he was done.  Laying on the floor done.  I passed Joshua to Ben and he came over and just laid against me.  The type of unmoving that you know something is wrong.  I think he had a headache.  Anyway, we gave him some Tylenol and then he fell asleep against my shoulder.

Hopefully he'll wake up happy!