Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wednesday: the day

Everyone slept in until 8:45 today...crazy!  Isaac is usually the first one up, promptly when his alarm clock turns green and is ready to go.  This morning Joshua was the one that got me up.  I had finished feeding him and was getting him dressed when I heard I weird noise...it sounded like a squeak from when you rub your finger on plastic.  Then another noise...this time I thought the cat was about to throw up.  Then another noise...oh...they were all Isaac coughing.

Once he sat up and cuddled a bit he improved a ton, but I still ended up bringing him to the doctor and he's on some steroids for croup.  I feel like I've seen our new doctor more in the last 6 months than I saw our other doctor in total since we moved back to Michigan.

So we took it easy at home.  Joshua fell over while he and Isaac were playing and I had stepped out of the room.  When I got to the room Isaac was about to try and help Joshua up and was trying to calm him down.  It was super sweet.  Isaac went out and found a pacifier after I picked Joshua back up.

I had been looking through old blog posts to see if I could get a "compare Isaac to Joshua at the same age" outfit and came upon this video, where Ben threw up a swimsuit and clapped and Isaac found it funny.  I tried it today to see if Joshua would find it funny.  Isaac again found it very funny, but Joshua looked at me as though I was crazy.

We finished Isaac's valentines.  I'm glad they're done.  It might have been good trying to spell his name over and over, but I'm not really sure it helped at all.

2 comments:

betsy said...

Funny, Ethan picked the same m&ms for his treat. I thought he might pick the cars Valentines too but he went with frozen instead. hope Isaac feels better soon!

Amy Worrel said...

Croup is scary. Carolyn had it many times, but seems to have outgrown in. E hasn't been affected in the same way.