Monday, December 9, 2019

Monday: ups and downs

Today had more ups and downs than normal.

UP: I found a bag of apples in the trunk of the car!  I had been surprised this weekend when we were out of apples, but figured Ben had suddenly been eating a lot.

DOWN: Our sink is leaking.  This will end up being a very small repair to a small repair.  Luckily our favorite handyman is willing to help and that makes this so much easier.  (Can any more appliances break on us?  Yes, yes they could.)

UP: The exam that I gave today only had one minor typo.

UP: The exam that I gave today was about the right length.  Possibly a bit on the short side, but I'd rather go that way than the other way.

DOWN: I have a lot of grading to do.

UP: Dad picked up Isaac from school and brought him to Hope.

DOWN: Joshua had several problems.  I finally had him watch his movie in the classroom.  He didn't really want it, but he was just having too many problems.

DOWN: I missed a call (by a minute) from a student taking the exam in a different location (for good reasons).  I called back several times with no answer.  It turned into a small fiasco.

UP: The people at karate were very helpful.

UP: Once I got the right information I was able to help the student over the phone.

DOWN: I was rather distracted the whole karate class.

UP: It was Ben's turn to read to the kids before bed.  Sometimes, it's the little things.

UP: I opened a package only to find some surprise socks!  Are they from you?  Are they supposed to be for Christmas?  Either way, it was exciting.

No comments: