Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wednesday: moodle

Oh, it's that time of year again.  I have to get moodle, the on-line class resource, ready for next semester. 

They changed moodle again for next semester.  They took away several of the good things, made one bad thing worse, and, as far as I can tell, didn't improve the things I didn't like much.

One thing that baffles me is the due date calculator.  I've copied the same starting info from this semester, but moodle tries to guess when things should be due based on the semester start date.  It works ok until you hit a school break, when it gets all messed up.  That's fine, it is still better than years ago.  What baffles me is that toward the end of the semester it also adds two hours to the time the assignments are due.  It used to add one hour and I think it was because of daylight savings time (although why that feature would even be in there, I have no idea.)  But why two hours now?  Probably to make me do more clicking.

**********************************
Here's the Thankful Turkey that Joshua made at school.  I'm surprised he put Mom instead of Dad since he likes Ben better.  (He actually did that on two different thankful things this year.)  The frogs also surprised me, but then he told me very matter-of-factly that frogs eat mosquitos.

2 comments:

Heather D. said...

Cute! I wonder how many kids glued the feathers on top like that. It's adorable!

Heather D. said...

Does that green one say rules? I thought he was a bad guy!😉