Thursday, December 12, 2019

Thursday: reindeer reigns

Today was a fun day at karate.  We started by warming up to The 12 Days of Karate, which involved doing assorted kicks, blocks, push-ups, sit-ups, etc. way too many times.  Also, I don't know what the kids are doing because it takes me X amount of time to do eight sit-ups.  (Say a thirty seconds because I've never timed myself.)  I do them pretty quickly, although I know I'm not always the fastest.  The kids were done when I was on four!  I think they cheated a lot. :)

Then we pretended to be reindeer.  I got to partner with Isaac, which was super fun.  He took off his belt, put it around his waist, and I took the ends as reigns.  He had to pull me across the floor while I tried to not let him get away.  Then we would switch.  Needless to say, I'm still quite a bit stronger but Isaac put up a valiant effort.

No comments: